Pages

11.4.10

The Hummingbird

A few months ago, iWas in my backyard, cutting the rosebushes, when a hummingbird began to buzz frantically around my head and the yard waste bin. I had just thrown some branches in. curious, i pulled one out and examined it more closely.

in the crook of two branches sat a nest. (See "The Nest")

iFelt awful, as iShould. iMean, iJust destroyed a home, a nursery for life.

Desperately, I shoved the branch into a flowerpot and put it next what was left of the rosebush. I didnt cut the next one over and then continued cutting the rest.

As iFinished my trimming, iWent back to the flowerpot, only to see the hummingbird pulling out bits with her beak. iShrugged and went inside.

Well, on Wednesday, my mom sent me outside to trim the rosebush iHad skipped and a few other plants. again, iSaw the hummingbird but decided to check the bush this time. To my surprise, iSaw another nest in the bush, deeply hidden, containing two small cream colored eggs the size of jellybeans.

iSmiled.

Such hope. Such determination. Such a mother.

And I.

Such A Home-Wrecker Turned Good.

:D

who reads this anyway? oh well. its the thought that counts right? (wait that doesnt apply here, lol) w/e

No comments:

Post a Comment