Pages

30.6.10

Accomplishment!

A few months ago, I entered the national student poetry contest. I got a letter (so old fashioned, right?) yesterday that said even though they haven't announced the winners yet, they want to publish this poem in the gold edition of their 2010 entries book. Yay! :D

So here it is:


The Rain

Raindrops on my window,
Causing lack of sleep,
Causing me to dream,
Causing me to think.
Sliding down the pane,
And I think of tears,
And I think of years,
When tears were here.
Rushing over rooftop,
To the gutter stream,
Down the pipe and rolling,
To their destiny.
All the nights I’ve cried,
All the days I’ve smiled,
All the mornings new,
When smiles would hide.
Listening to the soft, sweet, sound,
Hoping love won’t pass me now,
Pain exits with a deep bow,
Hear the raindrops hit the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment